Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Holly
We do have a new addition to our family...our new dog Holly.
We got her at Christmas time for the boys. Matthew has been dying to get a dog since we have a backyard now. She is a very sweet black lab. We love taking her to the beach and river to run around and play catch. Here are some pictures at the beach.
The last time we were at the beach, Mama and Jake got soaked by a wave and so this time Jake was not happy about being at the beach because he was afraid of "the waves taking us away"
It wasn't long until he started having fun though


Yesterday we took Holly to the river and she got a hold of a dead salmon (which I found out yesterday are deathly poisonous to dogs) Thankfully we were already planning on taking Holly into the vet after the river to take her stitches out from being fixed a couple weeks ago and when Matthew told them she got a hold of a salmon they said she needed to be on antibiotics or she will die. Believe me, she has cost us a fortune and, I believe, has been like having a third toddler in the house! But we do love her and are blessed by her!
You can tell they just love each other (as Jake is tightly holding Ben's neck)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are some great pictures!! Your boys are so adorable and that is a great looking lab, too. Labs are one of my favorite dogs.
ReplyDelete~~Rhonda
Oh my goodness, these are the greatest pictures. An that Holly is such a beautiful dog! I hope she brings so much joy to all of your lives!! I remember how our dog Rusty just seemed to sense all of our emotions... he would be excited if we were laughing, or set his head knowingly on our feet if we were sad. What a blessing pets can be!!
ReplyDeleteHi Meg! I don't have your # or your email so I guess this is the only way to reach you...Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!! I was thinking about you sorry this is late! I cherish our friendship even if it's miles away and we don't talk much but your are and will forever be special to me. Are we really 30??????? geesh! It seems like yesterday we were playing barbies huh?! please email me your #. I'd love to catch up and talk. We hope to stop by for a visit. Much love....Bridget
ReplyDelete