Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Latest...

It's been awhile since I've blogged anything, so bear with me. It's going to be a long one. I just wanted to share some recent pictures with you all and keep you updated with the boys. We are counting down the days now of when we will find out if the baby is a boy or girl. So stay tuned...next Tuesday is the BIG day!!Jake has been into fire trucks lately. We have a small local fire station around the corner from our home and everytime we are going somewhere, we have to drive by the fire station to see the fire trucks. So our friend Beau, who volunteers at the Crescent City Fire Station was so kind to take us on a tour and see the fire trucks at his station recently. Jake was in heaven! This past Monday was "Pumpkin Day" at our house. We usually go to the pumpkin patch, but it is closed this year so we had to settle for the grocery store pumpkins:) Jake has been waiting for "Pumpkin Day" for about a month now and asking for it everyday. So here we are carving our pumpkins (I think Dadda had more fun than any of us with carving the pumpkins:)So Jake has also been waiting for us to take him bowling. So awhile ago he said, "Hey, I got a good idea. How about on "Pumpkin Day" we go bowling too!?" So we told him that was the plan. So we started a new tradition...Pumpkin Day is bowling day too.Here is our character...Ben! Can you tell he is into Cars right now?Benjamin does not go anywhere without his blankie and pacifier. He thought he was a cool dude this morning with his car sunglasses and pushing his popper (vacuum) around. He goes crazy over vacuums. So when he saw this popper at Walmart, he went crazy in the store yelling, "Vacuum, Vacuum!" So he pushes it around the house pretending he is vacuuming. Too bad it's not the real thing!

We were going to save the bike for Jake's birthday, but that is 3 months away and he needed one. He only had a scooter and his old toddler push toys so we didn't want to wait 3 more months. So today we surprised him with a new bike. He was very excited and riding outside for over an hour when he then crashed and burned and got a fat lip...my poor baby!! Now I feel horrible for giving him a bike! I want to put him in a bubble and keep him in there forever:)

4 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!! I love when you update cause I get to see my precious nephews! Poor Jake, he took a good fall:( I love his "great idea" about bowling. And Benjamin is hilarious with his vacuum! They are both such characters...tell them I love them. See you soon!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. We would love to see your parents and Jenna too:) any other info on other spots we should stop let me know. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have all been having so much fun (except for the fat lip! poor baby!). I'm glad you updated...it's fun to catch up. I can't wait to hear what you're having!!! How are you feeling these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan <3 Love the pictures... Jake's lip looked so much better by Friday!! Poor guy! I love your sharing about your pumpkin/bowling day! Sounds like a great tradition to start. Your beautiful fall motif on your blog is inspiring me to update too... Love it Love it Love it!!

    Thanks for the time this week... I loved spending it with you girls. I really needed some girl time, and I LOVED seeing your darling home. You are a fantastic homemaker.

    xo
    Johnna

    ReplyDelete