You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well." Psalm 139:13-14
I wasn't going to post this on my blog, but yesterday my husband asked me, "Why not?" My reasoning was that I didn't want the whole world knowing our baby's business (not like the whole world looks at my blog anyway). And then I got to thinking that who cares if people I don't know look at my blog. If they are praying for our baby then that is all that matters. Well, when we had our ultrasound to find out if our baby was a boy or girl, our doctor saw something that he was concerned with so he sent us to a high risk neo-natal doctor the next week to have it checked out. We were praying that whole week that it would be nothing and the Lord would heal our baby. But when we went last week they did find that our baby boy has a condition called gastroschisis. This is where the opening by the umbilical cord never closed completely and left room for his intestines to float out of his stomach. So this means that I will be induced early and our precious baby boy will have to have surgery as soon as he is born to correct this. It was very hard news to hear for us, but we are trying to trust the Lord with our baby's life. We know that He is forming this baby in my womb and that He is good and faithful. It is a trial that we were not expecting in our lives, but the Lord is going to use this in our lives and the lives around us to bring glory to Himself. So as we still have a ways to go before he is born, we are taking it a day at a time, moment by moment to keep our eyes fixed on the Lord. The scripture that the Lord keeps bringing to us is...
"Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:1-2
We are praying for complete healing in my womb, but if that is not the Lord's will than that our baby would be able to have the surgery after he is born and recover perfectly. So we ask that you please join us in praying for our precious baby boy!
Wow! I came to your blog from Johnna's...I'm Mike's sister. Read your last post and started crying! We just had our third baby and from the get-go it was a crazy pregnancy! But all that to say...we cried out to so many people to pray for us and cover us in the shadow of the Almighty. I don't know you or your family but I know that you are my sister in Christ. I will DEFINITELY be praying for your sweet little guy and for you as well! Its a little hard to hear news like that and not be able to see into the future. I will pray God's peace to surround you and for His hand to touch your little man and heal his body! Blessings to you!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying daily and fervently for precious "baby Shrewsberry"...we love him so much and KNOW that he is in the Lord's hands. The LORD WILL DO exceedingly abundantly above all you ask or think (Ephesians 3:20) Remember the Lord loves him more than anyone ever could:) We also pray continually that you and Matt would continue to trust the Lord with his life and that the Lord would continue to give you a peace that surpasses all your understanding...WE LOVE YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteyour loving sis & proud auntie,
Kristen
Oh Megan, we will faithfully pray specifically for your sweet baby boy. I can't imagine how you must feel, but if there is anybody with the faith to face this trial, it's you guys! May the Lord comfort you, protect your son, guide the doctors, and receive all the glory.
ReplyDeleteSending our love, hugs, and prayers,
Jose and Laura
Oh my sweet friend I am so sorry. Our whole family will be lifting up the Shrewsberry family and that preciouse baby growing inside of you. Jesus is the great Healer! I pray He wraps His arms around you and gives you peace during these days. I pray that He assure's you of His guidance and that you will feel His sense of peace. I love you and can't wait to see you and give you a big hug and belly rub:)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Bridget
We are praying for you and so is our entire small group. We love you so much.
ReplyDeleteJennifer
Friend, we are praying down here for you, baby and family. Yes the Lord has formed him and knows the outcome. I pray for a complete miracle and complete healing. Anything is possible with our Lord Jesus!
ReplyDeleteMeg,
ReplyDeleteI was reading John 1 this morning, and verse 3 brought your baby to my mind and heart. "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made." It just blessed my heart to be reminded that Christ, the Creator is at work in your womb as this child is formed. I believe God has something unique in store for this child's life. This is one of those moments in life that I wish I had something profound to say... Instead my heart falls silent in prayer and in expectancy with you all.
I think I would have had the same struggle as you concerning sharing this journey, but I so admire your heart to just surrender it and leave your heart and life open for God's work to be seen.
Lots of love,
Johnna
Megan, Jerry and I are praying for your baby and for you and for your whole family. I can tell by all you've written in your blog that you have a firm grip on your heavenly Father's hand and heart. God has given you a strong family support in your mom and dad and Jenna and David and soon Kristen and Chris too will be there. They will all be there when your little boy is born to help with the boys. We love you. You are part of our family too. When Jenna married Dave, you got us. We will be praying. God bless you!
ReplyDeleteClaudine & Jerry
Praying for you and your family. Trust in the Lord and know that your precious baby by is in the hands of our mighty Creator!
ReplyDeleteLove, Adrienne