
If I don't bake another cookie in my life, I will be ok with that! From about 8am this morning to 4pm this afternoon, I was in the kitchen making 3 different kinds of Christmas cookies. Then after dinner we headed over to Levi and Amy's for Levi's birthday and I came home, put the boys to bed and cleaned up the mess until 10pm tonight! Ahhhh...I will be dreaming of cookies tonight! I have to say, it was worth it just for Jake. He has been wanting to make a "gingerbread boy cookie" all month. So he finally was able to make a "shortbread boy cookie". He had fun decorating a couple then left the rest to Matthew and I. Of course I was so occupied with the cookies, I forgot to get a picture of Jake making his cookies:( By the time I was done baking, the number of shortbread cookies that survived was 30. Tonight when I was cleaning up, I counted and there were only 21. I did not have one...yet, and Matthew, I know, only ate one, and we gave a couple to Amy when she stopped by this afternoon...so where did the other 6 go? Now as I sit back and reflect, I could hear Jake in the background, "Mama, can I have a bite?" over and over again. And as I was just trying to get the cookies done, I would say, "Sure baby, you can have a bite", thinking he was eating the same cookie from the last time he had asked me. No wonder why he didn't want any cake and ice cream at Levi's birthday tonight! He was all sugared out!
Ok, now that one put a big smile on my face!
ReplyDeleteI'll be telling Tony about that one.
Yolanda