Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ornaments



Well yesterday we went and got our Christmas tree and gave the boys their ornaments for this year. Jake got a John Deere tractor because he has been into tractors this year. If you ask him what he wants for Christmas, he will jump up and down so excited and say, "I want the BIG tractor for Christmas!" He has been wanting, for months now, this big tractor from the movie Cars. The other day I was in Walmart and as I was shopping in the aisles, he would tell whoever was in the aisle with us, "I want the BIG tractor for Christmas! I have to be a good boy and listen to mama." Benjamin got a Cars ornment because he loves watching the movie Cars. He will not sit and watch any other cartoon or movie, but as soon as Jake wants to put Cars on, Benjamin stops whatever he is doing to watch Cars with a big smile on his face. So this is one of the family traditions that we have passed down from both Matthew and my family. I love it because then when the boys have their own family they can take their ornaments and put them on their tree. Matthew and I love opening our ornaments from our childhood and remembering them with each other as we decorate the tree.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun for them to be able to decorate the tree with their ornament gifts. A fun tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet Megan! I love the idea of special ornaments each year. My mom has done that for all the grandkids.
    It's funny - CARS was the first movie Heaven would sit and watch all the way through! Now we are moved on to Princesses! Oh dear!
    xoxo
    Johnna

    ReplyDelete